30.12.11

2011 Resolutions in Review


I initially intended to share my 2012 resolutions for the New Year, but had a better thought and decided to push that post to next week. I crossed my mind that before we move forward, sometimes we need to look back. Sometimes it's best to see if we already accomplished previously goals before taking on new ones. So that's why I'm pulling out the resolutions I made a year ago, at the beginning of 2011.























In the past year I've learned quite a bit from my readers (while still just writing Maritime Shopaholic- before the big divide)- an important part of writing (anything, really) is knowing your audience. While I focused inward on my blog and didn't end up achieving goals such as producing a piece for Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB)- as I continue to learn more, who knows! Perhaps I'll have something to share and submit to IFB this year!














I've learned a lot from having the chance to look back at the way I organize and put my wardrobe together on a regular basis. Like anyone else, my style has changed over time and the way I put together an outfit has completely changed since I started blogging almost 2 years ago.

The only personal style goal I didn't really break ground on last year was my dressing room, but I did collect a few pieces that will be used once I get the project under way. Next week I plan to share my hope for the spare room we otherwise don't have a lot of use for at this time. (I promised and agreed with B that if I get to redo this room, he gets majority say in how we decorate downstairs once we finish the basement!)

I hope everyone has a fun or exciting kick off to 2012! I'll be attending a party uptown with some friends and I'm still trying to come up with the perfect party outfit, but I'm fairly certain I'll use this as another opportunity to break out the sequins again! What do you have planned for New Year's Eve this weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment