24.7.12

Colour me brightly


This summer I've simplified my style but have had fun playing with punches of colour
My summer wardrobe consists of a lot of solids in bright or pretty hues. 
I've minimized the accessories because who needs to be weighed down in the summer heat?
It's easier and quicker this way to put outfits together- 
without the distractions of patterns and bling, 
you can mix different colour combinations that otherwise would have be too much.

On the opposite side of the fence, 
combining similar shades to create a monochromatic outfit also works a lot easier 
when you choose garments in solid colours that go light on the details.
I usually tie in one neutral garment to break things up- 
such as a black t-shirt (in this case).


The Outfit | Sweater: Gap | Tee: American Eagle | Pants: Scarlet Boulevard (Envy) | Bag: Fossil (Manchester Shoes) | Necklace: House of Harlow | Glasses: Ray Ban(not shown) Sandals: Bernardo 


These pants are still a favourite but this outfit is not especially recent- I've since had my bangs trimmed [so they didn't have to be pinned back out of my eyes], added highlights and had a teal hair extension put in. I wore this outfit last time I was in Halifax (last month).

No comments:

Post a Comment