21.12.11

Holiday Style

I love the holidays: the season with many parties and reasons to gather with friends and family. One aspect I love about the Christmas season is all the opportunities to dress up! This is a great chance to sport pretty sequins, festive jewellery, and take a lap or 2 in your favourite heels.


Holiday Style


1. Hair tutorial from The Beauty Department
2. Button London "Knees Up"
3. Jessica McClintock sequin pouch clutch (similar: Rachel Zoe, Steve Madden, Santi
4. Belle Noel star stud earrings 
5. Elizabeth and James Mabel dress
6. ASOS sequin bow tie (similar: River Island, Target
7. MICHAEL Michael Kors sequin skirt (in silver here and here)
8. J.Crew bubble necklace
9. Steve Madden Russhh pumps

I'm slowly growing my hair out, so one of my boards on Pinterest is purely dedicated to the fun styles I want to try once I have enough hair to do anything with! Right now, I'm loving The Beauty Department- a blog brimming with nail and hair DIYs and inspiration (one of the 3 girls who writes this blog is Lauren Conrad).

It seems that this season I just can't get enough of all the fantastic sequin options. I've been drawn to rich red nail polishes (especially when glitter is involved!) I like the idea of a fun bow tie (possibly left undone) around a the collar of a crisp white blouse. The above J.Crew necklace comes in black as well as red- I adore both options. And with all the jewel tones and metallics to sport over the holidays, often the best choice will be your favourite pair of neutral pumps- I recommend a platform for the extra height without the extra pain.

What have been your favourite pieces to wear over the holidays?


No comments:

Post a Comment