5.1.12

Dressing Room Inspiration

B and I have lived in this house for over 3 1/2 years and during that time, we haven't done much to the house except move in some furniture and put some pictures on the walls. Our house is a bungalow style with an unfinished basement. Most of the walls are painted the same colour. And, believe it or not, the first time I picked up a paint roller was just a few months ago when we painted an accent wall in our bedroom.

Not including what potential the basement holds, we have two spare rooms: 1 for our joint office/computer room and the second is where the clean laundry, ironing board and drying rack all hang out. So, for the last year, I've been itching to move all the laundry business downstairs by the washer and dryer and create that space into a dressing room. B agreed as long as he get's majority say as to how we decorate the living space in the basement when we refinish it (though I'll still probably suggest and pick a lot of it out)! He's a pretty flexible guy- I count myself very lucky.

So with the New Year upon us, I decided it's finally time to get this project moving! Afterall, one of my New Year's resolutions to try more DIY projects. I've been collecting ideas and inspiration on Pinterest for a while now, and last week I put some of my ideas into a collage on Polyvore:


Earlier this week, I went to look at paint swatches- I wanted to paint the walls a pearl white (and add a bit of sheen of I could without getting too costly). My plans were to paint an accent wall either a rich purple or tiffany (as in the jewellery) blue. I asked Ben and he said he'd rather look at a blue wall than a purple one. Typical male, huh? But I realized I had been looking at tiffany blue accents and so this made perfect sense.




I lugged a gallon of "embelled blue" (seen above) home with me the other day and plan to get started on that wall tomorrow! Stay tuned for an update!


Follow on Bloglovin' | Follow on GFC | Follow on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment