10.3.12

favourite looks for fall 2012 RTW

I know, some of you might find talking about fall a little depressing! But since the weeks of fashion shows spanning New York, London, Paris and Milan have finally wrapped up I wanted to share some of my favourite fall looks. After all, designer runway collections are the early trendsetters for what's to hit the market!


Burberry Prorsum
London Fashion Week

What I love about this:  dressy + feminine versus the casual + edgy elements
I want to style and combine an outfit just like this.


Burberry Prorsum
London Fashion Week

What I love about this: the velvet skirt belted combined with a striped top and statement necklace
I like the idea of a casual striped tee combined with luxe velvet.


DKNY
New York Fashion Week



What I love about this: monochromatic, peplum skirt, leather sleeves, high collar
I loved almost all of the brilliant DKNY runway looks.


Michael Kors
New York Fashion Week

What I love about this: chunk knit sweater over glam or pretty skirt
A chunky knit sweater is on my fall list now.


Christian Dior
Paris Fashion Week

What I love about this: ballerina-inspired shoes with ankle straps, long tutu-like skirt with knit sweater
I absolutely adored this collection- I had so many favourites.


Rachel Zoe
New York Fashion Week

What I love about this: monochromatic brown, the matching knits
On the to-do list for fall: layering knits!


Tory Burch
New York Fashion Week

What I love about this: blues/teals matched with this forest green hue
Tory Burch is one of my favourite designers.


Rebecca Minkoff
New York Fashion Week

What I love about this: flattering cut for many body figures, embellished shoulders
Rebecca Minkoff is another of my favourite designers.


J Mendel
New York Fashion Week

What I love about this: structured dress, leather accents, tweed-like print, long leather gloves
This dress would be easily incorporated into my wardrobe.


BCBG Max Azaria
New York Fashion Week

What I love about this: black sheer dress, bright colour-blocking stripes
Color blocking still seems to be relevant for fall.


What were your favourite designer collections?

Monday I'm posting my trend-predictions for Fall 2012 
(and then, I promise, I'll get back to focusing on spring fashion!)

No comments:

Post a Comment