16.5.12

aztec prints

Don't you just love an awesome sale?


This top was part of an awesome deal I scored at Biscuit General Store in Halifax a couple weekends ago. They carry a number of my favourite brands and labels including Free People, Kensie, BB Dakota, TOMS, Gentle Fawn (just to name a few). 


Outfit: Top- Gentle Fawn (Biscuit General Store) | Jeggings- Guess
Sweater- American Eagle | Necklace- Maison Scotch 
Shoes- Corso Como (Urban Shoe Myth) | Purse: Fossil | Watch: Fossil


I was in town for the ECFB (east coast fashion bloggers!) Unleashed event and Biscuit was celebrating their 16th birthday in business when I picked up this top. They were offering a pretty sweet deal to all their customers- and we bloggers were spoiled with the generous offer to buy 1 item and get the 2nd 70% off!

I found an awesome pair of green pants (which shall be featured in an upcoming post) and this Gentle Fawn top. I've been fond of aztec prints over the last few months, but hadn't quite stumbled upon the right pattern. I love this particular tee because the neutral shades blend nicely into my wardrobe and the cut and colours of this garments will transition easily between seasons. 

As a gal on a budget, my focus is on items that can be worn various ways and 1 important factor: the cut is appropriate so that I can include the garment in a business casual outfit for work. After all, purchasing a garment or accessory that isn't appropriate for every-day wear shortens the mileage you can get out of an item, seriously impacting it's cost-per-wear. Then you have to ask yourself: is it worth the $$$..? It may be worth a splurge, but sometimes it's better to put the item back on the shelf and wait.


Links worth checking out:
  1. Simple price per wear calculator
  2. Cost per wear calculator: great way to see how your money stretches long-term
  3. Track exactly what you do wear-  here's how to create a spreadsheet if you want to see exactly how often you wear what items. This is an experiment I've decided to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment